Notre Dame de Lorette

The construction of this grand church was started in 1823 under the reign of Louis XVIII and was completed in 1836 under Louis-Philippe. The elaborate murals were painted directly on the walls and one can see sections which are being restored. Considered too modern, too bright with gas lighting, the walls are entirely covered with designs and painting.

Leave a Reply »»