Those Pipes!

The design of this ornate organ in Saint-Louis des Invalides is attributed to Jalues Hardouin-Mansart. It is the only example of the Louis-XIV era among the organs of Paris.

The instrument was built by Alexandre Thierry (1687). Major revisions were carried out in the mid 1800s and more recently in 1957. The organ is not the most ornate aspect of this mostly white and gilt church.

Click to enlarge!

Leave a Reply »»